Friday, October 28, 2011

October Update!

I’ve had things to blog about all month.  Have I done it?  Nope.  And next week is November.  Where is time going?!  It’s crazy to think in just a few short weeks we’ll have Baby J here with us and then it will be Christmas…especially when it sometimes seems like we just brought Emily home from the hospital and were celebrating Christmas with Grandpa & Grandma Hunter!  I can’t believe how fast this year has gone.

What we’ve been up to this month:

We opened our last jar of jam from last summer and I thought, “Seriously, where did all the jam go?”  I had some strawberries in the freezer, so in a mad rush I made 3 batches of strawberry jam (4 pints and 18 half pints).  And it was delicious!

That got me in a canning mood, so I also did 7 quarts of beans.  It was my first time, and we haven’t tasted them yet, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed!  Hopefully before the baby comes I can get a good price on chicken and get my year supply of chicken canned.

untitled shoot-002  untitled shoot-178

I wanted to get a video of Emily walking, but I haven’t yet.  She’s taking a few steps on her own…she might just be walking by the time her brother gets here!  That’s what I’ve been hoping for!

untitled shoot-173

Last weekend we had our baby shower.  I have AWESOME friends, family, neighbors, etc.  We had a great turn-out and got some fun stuff.  Now we just need a baby for it all!

Addie, Me & Danielle

untitled shoot-179

Jen, Danielle & Me:)

untitled shoot-181

I still can’t believe how fast this pregnancy has gone.  I have been heard saying, “This baby just needs to get here already…” and then I heard this lovely quote from Erma Bombeck: 

"If I had my life to live over...instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment, realizing that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle."

That was such a great reminder for me.  So I am making it a priority to enjoy all the little things about being pregnant these last few weeks…uncomfortable as I may be! 

We got the girls all dressed up in their Halloween attire early so we could send out a card to all the family.  FAIL.  Here’s the card that never got sent.:)  Happy Halloween everybody!

2011-10-28

No comments:

Post a Comment