Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June - What We're Up To


This has been a pretty laid back month for us, so far (with the exception of the one day we tried to potty train Annie....yeah, we'll be waiting a little while longer...). There's still 20 something days left for us to find some excitement, though! We were planning a few days at the cabin, but thanks to the threat of forest fires, that's probably not going to happen till the end of summer. We are getting VERY excited about our trip to Las Vegas next month. We'll be at the timeshare for a week with some of the Hunter family. It's going to be SO much fun!
My house is a mess, but seriously, its
SO hot already, doing anything that takes much energy...well, it just isn't happening! I am not looking forward to these summer months. Been doing alot of baking (stupid cravings!), but nobody minds. Last week I made Strawberry Lemonade and Mayan Chocolate cupcakes.

This week I made Texas Chocolate Cake, and a friend just shared a recipe for Snickers cupcakes. SNICKERS CUPCAKES! I'm dying to make those...they sound DELICIOUS!
Things we've discovered so far this month:


Emily LOVES strawberry jam.:)


Everybody loves chocolate cake batter.


Annie LOVES her new bed.



Nursery (and 11 a.m. church) exhaust poor Annie.




I read this poem on a friend's blog and it hit that little spot in my heart (the one that always makes me cry!). I find myself ALWAYS thinking, "I need to be a better mother." Not that I think I'm a bad mom...I don't beat my children (although I am guilty of thinking about it...ha), I feed them and bathe them and keep them safe, I kiss them goodnight and most importantly, I tell them alot how AMAZING they are and how much I love them. But, there are things I could do to be better (scriptures, prayers, FHE, etc.), and so that's what I'm working on. I wanted to make sure I had this poem somewhere, though, cause I didn't want to forget it!

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I’d build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I’d finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I’d take more hikes and fly more kites.
I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I’d do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans

No comments:

Post a Comment