Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday

1 o'clock church is so hard on kiddos...(yes, she's asleep!)

I seriously didn't realize all the difference one more adult makes in church. Kris switched crews at work and hasn't been to church with me for awhile. Today, I couldn't believe everything I got out of sacrament meeting. I actually got to listen to things today. It helped. It was our Ward Conference today, so the Bishop and his wife spoke, along with our Stake President.
The Bishop's wife talked about perspective. She used Carol B. Olsen's article "A Sense of Perspective". In the talk she talks about sense of humor, sense of time, sense of faith, sense of vision, and sense of love. Our Bishop's wife is amazing...she's always very composed, all their children are very well behaved...I am under the impression that motherhood comes easy to her. In talking about sense of humor, she related an experience she had where her kids had accidentally set frogs loose in the house. While looking for them, dinner was burning on the stove, the doorbell rang, her husband came home, her kids needed her, etc. She talked about sitting in the middle of the floor and trying to decide if she should laugh or cry. I was so glad to relate to her...I have ALOT of those moments!
Our Bishop (who is equally as amazing as his wife) related a story about his childhood (he grew up on a farm in Ft. Thomas, youngest of 11 kids) where he was always attacked by a chicken (he gathered the eggs every day). He compared it with David & Goliath. He talked about our trials, and how we pray for help and it doesn't always come, or sometimes it comes and we question if its coming from Heavenly Father or if its just "coincidence".
One of my favorite parts of the meeting? Special number. They sang "More Holiness Give Me". The third verse touched my heart.
More purity give me,
More strength to o'ercome
More freedom from earth stains,
More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy -
More Savior like thee.

I just needed that little reminder. With dieting and exercising and trying harder to be better in general...I sometimes forget about all the things I can't do by myself.

And on that note...who's coming to our house in 4 days!?! Kris's brother, David. We are SO excited. And next Sunday we bless Jack. We're lucky kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment