Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello 2012

I tried to get my New Year blogging done on the 1st...but I had grumpy kids. My New Year's Resolution? No babies this year!:) When I fill out forms and have to list my kids birth dates and I see: 2009, 2010, 2011...I shudder. So, no babies this year. We'll talk about it again in 2013!:)

This year I am resolving to be a little better. Okay, a lot better.

To my kids, a better mother, a better playmate, a better example and a better cook (Annie has called my cooking "yucky" for 2 days now!).
To my husband, a better wife, a better friend, and a better listener.
To my family, a better daughter, sister, cousin, and niece.
To my friends & neighbors, a better friend and neighbor.

And for me...this year I am going to be nicer to myself. I am going to just be happy and not worry so much about things I don't have any control over. And I'm going to change the things I can control. Like the arrangement of my living room furniture, my inability to sew, my weight, the colors of my walls, how I spend my time, and my attitude.

I am going to be better to myself.

Here's to 2012...


"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books, kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art - write or draw or sing or build and live only as you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself."
Neil Gaiman

1 comment:

  1. So Stinkin cute! Love your goals! What a gorgeous family!!!

    ReplyDelete