Sunday, July 14, 2013

4th of July...Our First Fireworks!

Pretty much my whole childhood I though fireworks were "bad".  RIGHT?!  Blame it on living in a state with a perpetual drought, but I really truly never wanted to light fireworks.  Ever.  The closest I ever got was Sparklers.  No joke.  Even that was sort of horrifying for me.  Even after they legalized the boring fireworks, I was in total fear of actual setting any off.  And as I'm writing this, I just keep thinking how sheltered I have been.:)
Kris is a firework nut.  Loves them.  So of course, since they're not illegal here...we bought them.  And they were delightful.  Kris had to work on 4th of July, so we tested the Sparklers out earlier in the week.  Emily threw hers on the ground.  Annie screamed in terror.  Jack ran.  They are definitely my kids.:)



 The day after the 4th of July, which would be the 5th of July, we partied in our jammies at Uncle Eric & Auntie Leah's house.  Annie did better with her Sparklers, and even Jack and Emily finally warmed up to them (after spending most of their time in somebody's lap).


 Kris & Eric sword-fighting with their Sparklers.  They're like children.:)






 This face!


No comments:

Post a Comment