Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December...What We've Been Up To

My cute girls:)

I don't know how people keep their blogs updated...especially people with more than one kiddo! Add that to my list of New Year's Resolutions, I guess. I shouldn't try to squish a whole month of fun into one post, but here I go (in no particular order)!:)
I can't believe how quickly the month has gone, and how next week it will be the start of 2011. Really, it just seems like it was March when we went to Idaho and discovered that Annie is a carsick kid, or April when we found out we were pregnant with Emily. It has really been a fun and eventful year for us.
This month we have been very busy. Grandma and Grandpa H have been here since November, so we have been trying to do some fun things with them. They helped us decorate for Christmas. Truthfully, we didn't do much decorating. Our tree is only decorated from the middle to the top, since we have curious little hands in our house. We did hang some lights on the outside this year. They are fun and do make me feel festive. I can't believe how much I start to miss SLC during the holidays. I don't love snow, but it just doesn't seem like Christmas is complete without it.

He said he would smile AFTER they got the lights hung up.:)


Last weekend was our Ward Christmas Party. Last year it was just me and Annie (Kris was working), so I was really glad he was able to go this year. We had baked potatoes, pulled pork, rolls and fruit salad...and some dang good dessert. The dessert is my favorite part.:) Annie was restless the whole time, so we took turns running her around the church's hallways. She did SO good sitting on Santa's lap this year! Last year was this...


And this year was...
She wasn't really impressed with Santa, but at least she didn't cry!!

On Sunday we blessed Miss Emily in church. It was really special and I was reminded what a sweet spirit she is. I feel so blessed to have her in our family.



Danielle and her girls came for Emily's blessing, and we had a fun time hanging out with them. This is Danielle's baby, Kylee Elizabeth (named after me!). She and Emily are 2 months apart.


Here is Addi (she and Annie are 5 months apart), Kylee, Emily, Haley and Annie.

We've been busy baking at our house...caramels, peanut butter balls and chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. Annie loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment