Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grateful



I am a complainer and I'm okay with it. Sometimes I just can't help myself. I need somebody to feel a little sympathy for me, to remind me that I'm not alone in motherhood, wifehood...life in general. So I complain.
The last week and a half (10 days exactly, since Kris and the girls just took the end of their antibiotics) has been ridiculous and I have done nothing but complain to anybody who would listen. Double ear infections, bronchitis, strep, coughs and colds have plagued our house. I felt like hanging a "Quarantine" sign outside on the door. As Mom, it is my responsibility to take care of everybody...even when I'm sick. No sick days.:( Between being severely sleep deprived and having non-stop coughing fits, I have nursed my little family back to health. Now I'm working on myself.
While I've been on the mend, I have thought about how lucky I am to have my little Annie. She is the sweetest kid EVER. She is so concerned about me - when I cough, she comes and puts her hand on my cheek and says, "It's okay, Mom." When I start crying because Emily won't stop crying, Annie stands by me and pats my knee. When we go somewhere she stands still, with her little hand up in the air until you take it and walk with her. She is a great helper and wants to do anything she can to make you happy. She sings and dances and will run up and yell, "HUG!" and wait until you hug her. She wants to be wherever the excitement is, and is lucky that the excitement usually follows her.:)
Someone once asked me if I could see my mom in Annie. She was little then and I didn't think much about it at the time. The bigger she gets, though, and the more I find myself thinking, "I wish my mom were here...", the more I feel her through Annie.
I must be the luckiest Mom in America.



Uncle David & Aunt Amy bought Annie a Beauty and the Beast tea set for her birthday. She loves to serve Emily.:)
In case you can't tell, she's singing about ducks.:)

1 comment:

  1. Your house sounds like my house. It's like we can't get better. When one gets better someone else gets sick. This week was my turn and you are right you still have to keep going. Haley did the cutest thing though like Annie. She asked me if I wanted her to watch the kids while I went and took a nap. So cute. I love moments like that. They keep me going!

    ReplyDelete