Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday

I couldn't get a cute picture of the two of them together (one would look, the other wouldn't), so two separate ones this week!:)


At the moment I decided we would go to church this morning, my phone rang. It was my Dad saying he would NOT be going to church. I figured since I already decided to go, we would just tough it out by ourselves (Kris is on graveyard shift). We survived (with the help of Auntie Ruth).
Being sick has done a few things for me, most of which aren't good. I definitely haven't been very spiritually minded, and I've been very selfish. I'm also exhausted and SO grouchy. I mean, I really don't remember the last time I was this grouchy. Having everybody else in the house be sick, too...icing on the cake. My confession...I haven't liked me at all the last few days. In fact, if I wasn't required to be me, I totally wouldn't.
On "Music & the Spoken Word" this morning I overheard bits of a story, but the line that struck the chord with me was "It's okay if you don't believe in God - He believes in you." Don't get me wrong, being sick hasn't made me question all my beliefs. But I did need to hear that somebody believes in me, especially when I don't.
The other thing I heard today that was a great reminder..."Faith precedes the miracle." We don't see miracles to give us faith. We see miracles because we have faith.
Forgive today's scattered ramblings...I just took my Nyquil.:)

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of your girls! Emily is getting so big and she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete