Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer Kick-off 2013!

Our summer got kicked off with a serious BBQ for Memorial Day.  Well, as serious as the Hunter's can get, I guess.:)  Everyone came over to our house (a.k.a. Grandma & Papa's house) for hamburgers and hot dogs and water fun.  And it was 68 degrees.  I keep seeing this idea on Pinterest - shaving cream on the slide.  Well, my kids were not super impressed.  Actually, I think at least 2 of them cried. 




 Jack didn't mind the shaving cream...he even did some twists and turns on his way down the slide.

 Also, poor boy has had never-ending snot since we got here.  Its kind of gross, but still sort of cute...


The first weekend in June was Western Days.  I'm still not really sure what Western Days are...maybe next year I'll figure it out.  BUT...they had a huge parade.  Kris was working his first weekend, so Grandma and I met Uncle David, Aunt Nicki and Sophie for the parade down Blue Lakes.  Kids loved it.  I thought it was crazy how many advertisers there were.  Half the parade (seriously, probably more than half) were trucks with advertising banners on them.  No floats or music or anything in the truck...just a banner.  It was really weird.  Free advertising...but really...just weird to me.  The girls thought it was awesome to get to chase after candy.  Jack loved clapping to the music and waving to all the pretty girls.


 
Jack also loved the popcorn.

 And the M & M's.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment