Monday, June 3, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Arizona

I can’t believe I’m just getting these pictures off the camera.  They kind of made my heart hurt a little!  I am definitely missing our friends and family in Arizona, that’s for sure. 
Our last week in Arizona we had TONS of help and lots of people offering to let the monkeys come and play.  It was such an amazing outpouring of love.  It made it that much harder to leave, knowing what awesome people we were leaving behind.  I wish I had hauled the camera to everybody’s houses so our kids would know how many people helped us that week.  I just can’t get over how blessed we were.
During the week, the kids got to go to Aunt Teresa and Uncle Dan’s house, which they have always loved.  It was great because the week after we got to Idaho, Annie and Emily were both asking to go to see the chickens at Aunt Teresa’s house.  I know Emily won’t remember much about it, but I hope Annie does.  My Aunt Teresa has been a big influence in my life since my Mom passed.  She and Dan are pretty fantastic.
May-6  May-7  May-8  _facebook_1008076617_  May-9 95facebook95204724977295 _facebook_1494280894_
_facebook_-1445230578_
The day before we left Thatcher, we packed ALL our stuff into the Uhaul, so we could spend the next morning cleaning.  That meant all our beds were packed up too!  We stayed with Dave and Vesta Griffin, who I have known forever.  Love them.  The kids had so much fun and it was so great to get to spend that last night with them, since I spent so much of my childhood in their home.  Watching my kiddos sleeping on their floor really brought back a lot of memories for me.May-10May-11
We drove through the night Friday night to get to Salt Lake City on Saturday morning.  Our neighbor Jeremy drove our Uhaul from Thatcher to SLC, and we met him in Mesa to caravan.  We stopped at the Haws’ house to get in jammies and say goodbye to them.  Danielle has always been my BFF.  Love her to pieces.  Not sure what I will do with her so far away!
Emily loves Baby Braden.  Even after being in Idaho for a month, every time she sees anything for a baby – carseat, bumbo, etc – she says, “It’s Baby Braden’s!”  And every baby’s name is Braden.  Love it.
May-12  May-13May-14







 I wish I had a picture of Jeremy driving our Uhaul.  The girls adored him and were so glad “Calvin’s Daddy” was driving our stuff!  We were so grateful for his offer to help us.
We’ve been in Idaho a month and I’m still CRAZY homesick, but as I’ve watched my children grow and just blossom in that last month, I know we made the right decision.  They have gotten to play outside every day and see their cousins and do some fun things we just couldn’t do in Thatcher.  I feel really blessed that, even though it has not been easy AT ALL, this is where we’ve ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment