Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 Months - Emily

Today we took Miss E in for her 2 month appointment with the good doctor (we LOVE our family doctor!). He said she looks like Turk, from Tarzan. He laughed, so I figure it was a funny sort of compliment, but I totally didn't get it.:)
Emily is weighing in at 12 lbs. 4 oz. and is 22 1/2 inches. She's in the 75th percentile for her weight and 50th percentile for her height. She's starting to look more like me, which is pretty awesome.
Annie and Emily are alot different...Emily is quite a bit more high maintenance than Annie was (i.e., she cries WAY more than Annie did). Of course, even the crying isn't that bad...it could be so much worse. Emily was bigger than Annie when she was born, and has grown crazy fast. I just pulled out the 3-6 month clothes for her, whereas Annie stayed in 0-3 months till after she was 3 months. I love how different they are. It reminds me how important individuality really is.
Emily is a super sweet baby, and has started cooing and focusing in on your face when you talk to her. We're still not sleeping through the night, but we're working on it. It'll happen eventually.:) She's got the cutest dimples ever (just like Annie's!) and the most adorable smile. I don't know what it is about baby smiles, but they're simply amazing.
Annie is a great big sister to Emily. She loves to give her kisses and hugs. Emily listens so intently when Annie talks to her...I'm sure they will be great buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment