Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Mom, Part 1

Blame my feeble attempt at motherhood, a colicky baby, or a temperamental 2 year old, but I've had my mom on my mind for several weeks now. I don't remember her, and that's a little frightening. Frightening for me because I'd hate to lose the few memories I have of her. Frightening for my children because I want so much to pass on the wonderful legacy she gave to me.
Some thing I learned about my mother:

She was a risk-taker in her own way.

I was in the scrapbook store a few weeks ago. The lady that owns it went to school with my mom. She always talks to me about her, but this one particular day she said to me, "One of the things I always loved about your mom was how she just did things. She went to beauty school. She went on a mission. She went to college. If she wanted to do something, she just did it."
I love knowing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment